So again, first off, thanks for everyone (well I mean like only two people will read this, so especially to our Moms) for sharing your time and your love with us. The wedding festivities started off on Wednesday with a parents dinner at Maggiano's Little Italy. Danny & I are so thankful for our parents and it was great to spend a few hours with them all together before the 'chaos' began. My m
om and I spent the days shopping for last minute jewelry and preparing the welcome bags and wedding programs. It was so nice to have her here and to share that time together. Friday night got rolling with a lively rehearsal dinner at The Happy Sumo Japanese Steakhouse, where we were cheered on by our families and wedding party. Afterwards we reminisced with many friends, old and new, at The Drinks & Dessert Reception, hosted by my former Brentwood neighbors, watching slideshows of mine and Danny's childhood memories.
Saturday morning, wedding guests woke up early to participate in our kickball game at Hammond Park. Danny and I met through a kickball league and the team, more specifically the people on it, have been instrumental in our relationship. It was a fantastic kick-off to the big day and gave our guests a chance make friends before the wedding and have some fun!Saturday afternoon went by so quickly. My bridesmaids, mom, and mother-in-law got ready together at The Glen Errol Estate, taking a break for the delightful Robes & Slippers Bridesmaids Luncheon. The photographers soon arrived and before you know it, I was walking down the aisle holding my Dad's arm so tight, as I knew neither of us would ever forget the forthcoming bittersweet moment when he would give me away. I'm so fortunate to have the close relationship with my dad that I do. Not that I would trade it for anything in the world, but it really makes it emotional at times like these! I have watched Father of the Bride countless times over the past 18 years (I seriously wore out the VHS earlier t
his year and had to invest in a DVD copy for future viewings), and every time I watch the movie, dating back to elementary school days, I felt so bad for George Banks and just couldn't help but thinking that my dad and I were going to have to pull this off one day ourselves!?! Well, we did it. And my dad told me the only way he got through it was the affirmation that Danny is the man to have me for the rest of time. I just know God is smiling too as we've each followed His lead over the past few years to end up together now.
his year and had to invest in a DVD copy for future viewings), and every time I watch the movie, dating back to elementary school days, I felt so bad for George Banks and just couldn't help but thinking that my dad and I were going to have to pull this off one day ourselves!?! Well, we did it. And my dad told me the only way he got through it was the affirmation that Danny is the man to have me for the rest of time. I just know God is smiling too as we've each followed His lead over the past few years to end up together now. Back to the wedding. We enjoyed some great food: sesame beef, chicken florentine and a bunch of other yummies, and boogied down to some awesome music by Tim Tyler & Lane Wood, two Auburn Alums whose gigs at bars kept my every Wednesday and somteim
es Friday nights occupied througout my senior year in college. After enjoying conversation and dances with everyone, it was time to leave. How had it gone by so quickly? Danny surprised me with the get away car, a 1955 Rolls Royce Princess. Looking back through the window as the old car made its path down the driveway, the most amazing sight of 175 loved ones waving and blowing bubbles left the best lasting impression imaginable!
es Friday nights occupied througout my senior year in college. After enjoying conversation and dances with everyone, it was time to leave. How had it gone by so quickly? Danny surprised me with the get away car, a 1955 Rolls Royce Princess. Looking back through the window as the old car made its path down the driveway, the most amazing sight of 175 loved ones waving and blowing bubbles left the best lasting impression imaginable!Thanks to our bridesmaids and groomsmen for standing with us every step of the way! We both loved our bachelor and bachelorette trips and all the phone calls, notes, and support throughout our engagement.
PS. The slideshow of wedding pictures can be seen at http://www.kizoa.com/slideshow/d921018k4670538o1/stallo-linenger-wedding
PS2. We are on the AJC! http://projects.ajc.com/gallery/view/living/brides/atlanta-brides-tradition4/ AND http://projects.ajc.com/gallery/view/living/brides/atlanta-brides-dads/


No comments:
Post a Comment