After 4-1/2 years at my current job, it is time to move on. I've learned a lot since graduating from college and the great hands-on experience gained in this small company will serve me well. My soon-to-be company, Karpaty Cabinets, is also family owned. They design and manufacture cabinetry, mill work, and furniture in a variety of styles; modern, traditional, rustic...they do it all, and for every room of the house. It so happened that a designer friend introduced us more than two years back after she collaborated with them on a Holiday Showhouse. I was very impressed and dubbed working for them as my "dream." Recently I had been exploring other career options and the Lord knew exactly how to point me in the right direction. A few weeks ago, the owner of Karpaty called me up, we met a couple times again, and the rest is history! I am honored to join such a enthusiastic team who really strives to be creative in every application and stays busy sharing their talents all over Georgia. I look forward to a more flexible schedule, getting great field experience, meeting with clients, and submitting computer rendered designs to the workers who skillfully create the masterpieces we dream up. There is so much for me to learn about construction, I'm so excited!
Here are some examples of Karpaty's amazing work:





I was sitting quiet on my job news because we knew something was in store for Danny right around the corner and it would be awesome to announce it together. Just becoming official today, Danny's new position lands him a little closer to "home", continuing his 8 years with Home Depot, but in an entirely new field. Leaving finance behind, he'll be working in the Services division as a Sr Operations Analyst. Danny will be coordinating with contractors and government housing authorities all over the United States as Home Depot bids to rebuild low income housing. After spending so much time working in the stores throughout college, Danny feels that knowledge is a great asset at the corporate level. This position is a good step in connecting him closer to the stores, which has been his goal for a while.

Other good news to report is that we said 'adios' to Danny's Hyundai last night. There will be no more hubcaps rolling down Peachtree Road on our account. It's always a little stressful selling a car on craigslist. Fortunately the first people to test drive it purchased it after a couple days of deliberation. We are getting pepped up for a 16 hour road trip at the end of the Thanksgiving holiday to bring home a new car for Danny.
How EXCITING for you both!! I can't wait to hear about your first days on the job!:-)
ReplyDeleteYay! Congrats to both you and Danny! So fun to start your new adventures together! :)
ReplyDelete