Monday, January 3, 2011

The big 2-7

For some reason, I was not too excited for my birthday this year. I am not totally sure why, perhaps the fact that it now rounds to 30 made me feel a little old. But it turned out to be a fun week nevertheless! Danny surprised me Monday night while we were at some friends' house watching the Falcons. He served cake at halftime after they completely embarrassed me with the Happy Birthday song. (I remember hiding under the table when I was younger to escape the spotlight before I was to blow out the candles.)


Tuesday his family had planned dinner and ice skating, and they too brought along a yummy cookie cake for us all to enjoy at Tijuana Joes before we hit the rink. It had been a while since the two of us had skated, and despite a last minute wipe-out by Danny, it was a success.

Wednesday we had planned to "rest up" for the remainder of the week, but I got a last-minute message from Tim & Lane, the awesome guys who played music at our wedding. They were having their 1st Atlanta show at Peachtree Tavern and I couldn't think of a better way to ring in my old age than reliving the band I religiously followed in college. However unlike college, getting home at 2am isn't as easy as it used to be. Danny & I both struggled to be productive the next day at work, but the great time we had watching Tim & Lane play made it worth it. I'm so thankful that quite a few friends were able to come out and enjoy it too! It really made my birthday!!!


To wrap up the festivities, Danny took me to dinner at Pricci, my favorite restaurant, on Thursday the 30th, which is my real birthday. This had been the only birthday plan that was actually planned ahead of time, haha. Needless to say, the week was fantastic and I really appreciate everyone who made me smile and get over the fact that I'm now in my upper 20's! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment