Thursday, July 7, 2011

Michigan

Last weekend Danny and I traveled to Michigan to see his extended family. As we always do, we really enjoyed the time with his aunts, uncles, cousins and grandpa! They are a very fun group of people and always are so welcoming and personable to me, the newbie.

Every evening was a family meal at a different home. We picked up Jet's pizza on the way into town on Saturday, as tradition. Sunday we grilled ribs, sipped cosmos, played euchre. Monday was spent at the Linenger cottage on Myers Lake. Their family has been visiting there for thirty years! Because of a little bad weather in Atlanta Monday night, my flight out of Detroit was delayed multiple times and I opted to stay another day and fly home Tuesday. We took a drive to nearby St. Claire Shores and dined at the marina with Danny's parents, brother and girlfriend, Jessica. They will return home tomorrow (yayy!).

The Jessicas
Danny and his cousin ErinMegan with her fish & Uncle Gary
me and the hubs

I'm already looking forward to the next time we will reunite with the Michigan Linengers!

1 comment: