Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy New Year!

As I'm sure it happened for everyone else, the end of the year sure flew by quickly! Now it is already mid-January and we have finally recovered enough to reflect on the holiday....

We had a great time in Connecticut for Christmas, lots of time with my family relaxing, which is what we wanted most. Walks with Rascal, Christmas day movie, homemade pizza for Christmas dinner...those are all our Stallo traditions. We got in a night of bowling and great grub in Hartford, Redneck shooting practice in the backyard, lots of games and dancing on the parents' new Kinect, and treated to a really great massage. It is still strange going "home" to a house I did not grow up in, but it really is family that makes holidays special; I was sad to leave them.
I'm now one year older too. My desk at the office looked like a florist shop, beautiful flower bouquets and gifts from Karpaty. Danny & I had a nice quiet dinner, just the two of us on December 30th; some girlfriends surprised me with a little celebration one evening, and we enjoyed a festive dinner with a couple close friends the following week. I can't believe how "old" I am getting, but am so thankful to have the amazing friends and family I do, which make life so wonderful.

New Year's Eve was spent at a Lake House in North Georgia. We watched Auburn dominate in their bowl game and enjoyed the company of a small group of friends. Danny and a couple guys jumped in the water for a Polar Bear Swim. Twice...Brrrr!Lastly, Happy New Year to our friends and family! We hope 2012 is off to a great start for you all. Danny and I are charged for a great year. We set some goals and are excited for what is in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment