Monday, February 13, 2012

Orlando

Last week I had the great pleasure to attend the International Home Builders Show in Orlando with my favorite mentor, my dad! Growing up, he frequently took us girls along on a business trips, alternating between Steph and I during the summers when we were out of school. It was a great time to spend one-on-one time with Dad, and we were usually treated to some kind of perk like room service or a fun activity. Great memories!

This dad-daughter business trip only added to the list of good times, especially since we now share careers in similar fields. We walked what we figured to be about eight miles a day, wandering through booths displaying new products and trends in home building. I learned quite a lot! Most importantly we got in three days of quality bonding time. I feel so lucky to have someone with whom to share my DIY interests and also to have a dad who has done so much to invest in my future, professionally and personally. I'm ready to go back (especially since it was nearly 80 degrees in sunny Florida and currently 40 in the not-so-Hotlanta)!

No comments:

Post a Comment